FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW SECURE IS MAROON CONNECT?
Please be aware that any information that you share will be viewable by everyone on the platform and neither the West Texas A&M University Alumni Association nor the Texas A&M System have direct control over how another member may use the information. If you have any concerns about your or your family’s safety, we recommend you remove personal identifiable information. You may also opt to delete your profile at any time. We continue to advise users who risk suffering serious harm from revealing information that associates them to this program, to exercise caution before taking any action that links them with Maroon Connect.
WHAT CAN I DO ON THE PLATFORM?Maroon Connect makes it easier to maximize the benefits of being part of the WT Alumni network
- Your profile: Make instant updates to your contact details and employment information when they change, plus share updates with the rest of the network about projects you’re currently involved in.
- Directory: Find old friends, make new connections—professional or personal and collaborate on special projects.
- Knowledge sharing: Volunteer to be a mentor for new scholars and other alumni, or search for an alumnus who can help you with careers advice and information.
- Jobs and opportunities: Coming Soon! Find and share job vacancies and other opportunities, such as internship opportunities, academic/study opportunities, or anything professionally useful you want to advertise to other Buffs.
- Events: Find out about alumni events and let us know you’re coming.
- Messaging: Receive and send messages to other alumni in a variety of ways: through the platform, by email, or through LinkedIn or Facebook. Manage what you receive by amending your settings.
- Special interests: Follow special interests page to connect with Buffs who have a common goal or interest.
WHO WILL I FIND ON IT?
Anyone who bleeds maroon and white - current students, alumni, faculty, staff, parents, or friends of the university.
You’ll find an entire community of Buffs at your fingertips—alumni, faculty and current students from around the world. If you know a Buff who is not on there, let them know this is where the community comes together.
IS THIS JUST ANOTHER SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNEL?
No. Maroon Connect does not replace other social media channels. We still want to interact with you on LinkedIn and Facebook. In fact, you can message people through LinkedIn by clicking the ‘Connect on LinkedIn’ button. Maroon Connect is about creating a space for Buffs to interact, participate, and inspire each other through mentoring and sharing of experience. It’s different from social media because it enables you to find and connect with the huge WT network in a really easy way. Find out below about all the things you can do on the platform.
HOW CAN I ACCESS THE PLATFORM
You can access it on your desktop, tablet, or mobile, using all major internet service providers.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?1. Register by creating a username and password. We suggest registering through LinkedIn.
It is the quickest and easiest way.
2. Follow the instructions step by step to add all of the relevant information to your profile.
3. Your membership will be activated within five working days.
4. Post a message to say hello, introduce yourself, upload photos, look for people you know, or invite others to join.